Active barrier with optional HART® diagnosis
Active barrier with power supply for safe separation of 4...20 mA current circuits
The active barrier RN221N supplies e.g. a transmitter with power, if required also in the Ex-area, and then transmits the galvanically isolated signal. With the optionally available HART® monitoring the status of the transmitter is monitored. If an error arises a relay at the RN221N sends an alarm. The relay has to be actively set back. Thus even just briefly occurring errors can be easily located.
Wide range power supply, flexible power source
· Compact side by side DIN rail housing
· International Ex approvals; marine approval
· Bidirectional HART® transmission. Communication sockets for HART® sensor setting up. Evaluation of status information from connected transmitter with HART® protocol.
· Primary or secondary master operating mode, automatic selection
· Sensor monitoring with early-warning system
· Manual or automatic reset of the relay contact
Field of application
Galvanic isolation of 4 to 20 mA current circuits
· Removing large loop circuits
· Powering 2 wire transmitters
· Monitoring of SMART transmitters with early-warning system
· Intrinsically safe sensor supply for Ex-area